The information on the Site is provided solely for informational purposes, “as is,” at the sole risk of the user. Woodworking Skills does not guarantee the accuracy, quality, or completeness of the information and is not responsible for any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the information or any user’s reliance on the information. The user is solely responsible for determining whether or not the information is appropriate for personal use.
The Information We Collect
- We collect the information you provide when you use the Digital Services, including when you sign up for newsletters, order subscriptions, create an account, or register for a membership via Digital Services. This data may include your contact, billing, and demographic information.
- If you choose to participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, promotion, event, or other similar activity, you may be required to provide certain information.
- Information you provide about third parties, such as a friend’s contact details when purchasing a gift membership.
- Cookies and pixels are used to collect information automatically. This could include information about your device and browser, such as your IP address or mobile device advertising identifiers, as well as information about how you and others use, interact with, or respond to the Digital Services. This may occur while you are actively interacting with a Digital Service or while the Digital Service is running in the background on your device.
- When location services are enabled, the precise location information of your device.
- This includes commercial partners, data vendors, and social networking sites.
How We Use The Data
- To process your requests and provide you with Digital Services, which may include the delivery of personalized content or recommendations. Please note that we only use your payment card information (including your card number and expiration date) for specific purposes, such as processing your transaction (including recurring payments, if applicable), providing you with the requested products or services, and protecting our rights or the rights of others.
- To learn about Digital Services users and to assess how you and others interact with and react to Digital Services.
- To communicate with you and send you promotional and marketing materials.
- For advertising and marketing purposes, including the delivery of interest-based advertisements, cross-device linking, and assessing the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns.
- To protect both our own and others’ rights.
How We Share Data
- Within Woodworking Skills’ network of companies.
- With third-party service providers who manage our services and transactions.
- With advertisers, advertising and marketing-related services providers and partners, as well as companies help us determine how you and others interact with our content.
- With social media platforms and similar services, such as when interacting with our Digital Services they combine the tools and services offered by social media platforms.
- With commercial partners, such as when we jointly offer co-branded products or services.
- Other parties when required by law, where necessary to preserve our rights, and during business transactions.
- With your consent or in accordance with your directions.
- To protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we employ a variety of security technologies and policies.
- The United States of America is responsible for managing Digital Services. Information may be processed and stored by the United States or other nations.
- The Digital Services are not intended for users younger than 13 years old.
- This Privacy Notice is part of the Terms of Service, which govern your use of the Digital Services, and any disputes relating to your use of the Digital Services (including our use of your information) will be resolved in accordance with the dispute resolution provision in the Terms of Service.
- Additional disclosures and rights apply to California residents and European visitors. These are included at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
Woodworking Skills is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to allow sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.de, and Amazon.co.uk.
Woodworkingskills.com participates in a number of affiliate marketing programs, allowing us to earn commissions on sales made via our links to retailer sites. Each item listed on Woodworkingskills.com has been independently researched, tested, or authorized by a member of the editorial staff. We only recommend products in which we have faith, putting the consumer first. The products highlighted on our website are selected solely on the basis of editorial and product-testing criteria, not affiliate agreements or advertising partnerships.